WATER REPELLENT COATINGS
WATER REPELLENT 208
A. WATER REPELLENT 208 is an aqueous solution of potassium methyl siliconate and is used in diluted form for the hydrophobic impregnation of mineral construction materials to make them water-repellent 208
B. WATER REPELLENT 208 develops its WATER REPELLENT 208 properties by reaction with atmospheric carbon dioxide(co2) the active substance formed from the silicone masonry water repellent 208 is polymethylsilicic acid.
C. As with all siliconates, however, WATER REPELLENT 208 can cause a white deposit on the surface of colored construction materials, or if used outside the application guidelines.
WATER REPELLENT 208 :
1. Low-fired clay products immediately after they have been made: e. g. roof tiles, facing bricks, floor tiles, flower pots
2. Aerated Concrete
3. Gypsum and gypsum-based fiber boards
4. Light fillers, such as perlite, vermiculites and aerated concrete granules
5. Insulating materials
|Active Substance||-||approx. 34 wt. %||-|
|Appearance||-||Clear to Hazy, Colorless||-|
|Density||25 °C | 1013 hPa||1.4 g/cm3||-|
|K2O equivalent||-||Approx. 20 wt. %||-|
|Solid Content||150 °C |1h|1g||Approx. 55 wt. %||-|
1. These figures are only intended as a guide and should not be used in preparing specifications.
2. All the information provided is in accordance with the present state of our knowledge. Nonetheless, we disclaim any warranty or liability whatsoever and reserve the right, at any time, to effect technical alterations. The information provided, as well as the product's fitness for an intended application, should be checked by the buyer in preliminary trials. Contractual terms and conditions always take precedence. This disclaimer of warranty and liability also applies particularly in foreign countries with respect to third parties’ rights.
1. Pre-Ilmpregnation of Construction Materials
2. Fiber Cement Boards
3. Construction Materials
4. Hydrophobic Impregnation
5. Masonry Dampproofing
6. Boards & Panels
Diluted with WATER REPELLENT 208 is used for hydrophobic impregnating the surface of masonry materials when a suitable Means of achieving an adequate, uniform coating, e. g. dipping, is available. Twofold application is not recommended. The product is not recommended for treating the outside walls of buildings since the necessarily uneven application will give rise to white spots.
WATER REPELLENT 208 is supplied as a concentrate and is diluted with water before use. Ordinary tap water may be used. It is best to add the WATER REPELLENT 208 masonry to the water under vigorous stirring. Preliminary tests are always required for the determination of the correct dilution ratio.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
WATER REPELLENT 208 must be stored in the tightly closed original container. The "Best use before end" date of each batch is shown on the product label.
Storage beyond the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean that the product is no longer usable. In this case however, the properties required for the intended use must be checked for quality assurance reasons.
WATER REPELLENT 208 should be stored in stainless steel drums, plastic or glass containers. Tinplate, aluminium or galvanized or lacquered containerds are not suitable. If crystals are formed due to too low storage temperatures, these will redissolve when the product is allowed to warm up. The product must then be stirred thoroughly.
Comprehensive instructions are given in the corresponding Material Safety Data Sheets.
1. The data presented in this medium are in accordance with the present state of our knowledge but do not absolve the user from carefully checking all supplies immediately on receipt. We reserve the right to alter product constants within the scope of technical progress or new developments. The recommendations made in this medium should be checked by preliminary trials because of conditions during processing over which we have no control, especially where other companies’ raw materials are also being used. The information provided by us does not absolve the user from the obligation of investigating the possibility of infringement of third parties’ rights and, if necessary, Clarifying the position. Recommendations for use do not constitute a warranty, either express or implied, of the fitness or suitability of the product for a particular purpose.